Rice and Beans-a Warming Duo, Vegan Recipe

Today, after a half hour Power Yoga/Pilates I indulged in a bowl of Raw Cucumber and Green Pea Soup, and then my hubby and my niece went for a 4 mile walk around the lake.

Here is my sweet hubby and I waiting for my niece to arrive. Isn't he handsome?!

After the walk I indulged myself in a soup that I created last night. It is made with Brown Rice and Adzuki Beans. I whipped up the soup to feed my guests so it is a large, LARGE portion.

Brown Rice and Bean Warming Soup

Ingredients

The recipe was made to feed a crowd, so if you are going to be feeding only a couple of people cut down on the ingredients, otherwise you will have enough to last you 3 days.

`6 Quarts water
`2.5 cups brown rice
`2 cups adzuki beans [if you presoak them you will cut down on the cooking time]
`Sea or Himalayan salt to taste
`1 bay leaf
Bring water to boil with all of these ingredients, then reduce heat to low and let the ingredients cook until done.

`1/2 large egg plant, skinned and cubed into medium size chunks
`1 onion, cubed
`2 cloves of garlic, diced
`2 large carrot, sliced in a manner you like
`3-4T olive oil
`2 cups of thingy sliced cabbage
Saute these ingredients for 15-20 mins on low heat. When brown rice and beans have cooked through add sauteed ingredients in along with

`2 teaspoons chili powder
`1T cumin

Boil together on low heat for 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro or basil. You can serve it by itself or add organic corn chips to the mix, and ENJOY!

Now I am off to dry-brush myself and take a long hot shower before tonight's movie night [my hubby's and niece's idea]. They also decided that they must have chocolate chip cookies [and you can only guess who has to bake those].

Have a great night!