Day 1 Recap of Daniel Fast

Good morning, folks! Just wanted to check in with you and see how your Day 1 of Daniel Fast went.

For us it was quite enjoyable. We started off our morning with a Green Smoothie. Throughout the day drank lots of water, some with lemon, some plain. I had a scratchy throat so for my therapy I threw in a stick of Cinnamon in some hot water and sipped on it all day long. I am feeling better today.

For snacks we munched on fruit and avocados.

Lunch was very light veggie soup, which I did not seem to have enough of.

Dinner was great. My sister sautéed veggies in very little oil, adding water to keep them from burning. The veggies were: zucchini, carrots, onions, a little bit of garlic, spinach, and some Whole Food chemical free spaghetti sauce. I cooked whole wheat pasta, and we ate it along with a delicious Green Salad made with spinach, cucumbers and almonds dressed with red vinegar and our favorite spices. All I can say is : “Mmmm, Mmmmm, GOOD!” And we had enough left over to make our lunches for Day 2.

How was your Day 1?